What To Pack
Outdoor festivals are all about the vibes, the music, and the freedom. But to truly enjoy the experience, you've got to gear up right. And no, we're not just talking about that neon face paint. Let's dive into the festival gear that'll make your experience smooth, stylin', and hands-free!
Essential Festival Gear
Closed-toe shoes or hiking boots with good support are essential for walking on uneven terrain.
Extra pairs of socks to keep your feet dry and comfortable.
- Check the weather forecast for the festival and pack accordingly. Layers are key for temperature fluctuations.
- Lightweight, breathable clothing for hot weather.
- A waterproof and windproof jacket or raincoat for unexpected rain.
- Warm, insulating layers for cool nights or colder seasons.
- Sunscreen to protect your lovely skin from the sun's rays.
- Sunglasses to guard your peepers, hide your bloodshot eyes and give you a general cool vibe.
- Wide-brimmed hat or a cap to keep the sun off your face.
- Durable and comfortable pants, such as cargo pants or shorts depending on the weather.
- Leggings or long pants for cooler evenings.
- P05K™ PocketSkirt to look hot in.
T-shirts and Tank Tops:
- Breathable, moisture-wicking shirts for daytime.
- An extra shirt in case you get sweaty or need a change.
Swimwear (if applicable):
- If there's a lake, river, or pool on-site, bring swimwear.
- Comfortable pajamas or sleepwear for a good night's rest. For women, bring a MOONees™ Union Suit. You won't have to strip down when you use the loo.
- A bandana or scarf, which can serve multiple purposes, from a fashion statement to dust protection.
- A small backpack or fanny pack for carrying essentials like water, snacks, and personal items.
- the P05K™ pocket girdle or skirt for valuables that you want to keep close to your body. No more pocket drops or purse drama.
- A reusable water bottle to stay hydrated.
- Earplugs to protect your hearing during loud music performances.
Costumes and Festival Attire:
- Don't leave your real self behind! Get ready to unleash your inner festival wizard by cooking up some costume magic in advance
Chill Spots: Chairs & Blankets
Hours of dancing can tire out even the most energetic festival-goer. Bring a foldable chair or blanket. Rest, recharge, then jump back into the groove.
Pack some fresh snacks. Trust us, your wallet and your stomach will thank you when you're munching in between sets.
Cash, ID, & P05K™ Pockets
Some stalls still run on cash. Keep some handy, along with your ID. And with your P05K™ pocket girdle or skirt, you've got the perfect stash spot.
Phone's Lifeline: Portable Charger
Because capturing moments and staying connected is essential. Don't let your phone bail on you mid-festival.
Fun Festival Gear
Get Your Festival Flair On
Bandanas, temporary tattoos, and all things glittery. Express yourself and shine!
If you're planning to eat, bring some picnic supplies. Makes the food part of the fun.
Reusable fork, knife, spoon, bowl, mug.
Festival Lifesavers Kit
Preparing a festival survival kit is like having a secret weapon against any unexpected situation. Fill your kit with essentials like wet wipes, travel-sized hand sanitizer, tissues, insect repellent, and a small first aid kit.
Camping Gear (If You're Into That)
For those multi-day festivals, consider camping gear. It's like the festival never ends.
- Sleeping bag
- Air mattress
- Camping stove
- Aeropress/coffee/tea (so good in the AM!)
- Pot - both kinds
Smart Packing Tips
The Ultimate Checklist
Write it down. Check it twice. No forgotten gear here.
Be a Packing Pro
Roll clothes, use small containers, and maximize space. It's like Tetris, but with festival gear.
Items that serve more than one purpose? Yes, please!
- Water Bottle with built-in filter can save on buying drinking water
- Sarong can double as a beach towel or blanket
- P05K™ Pocket Skirts double as a skirt and a place for your valuables.
Leave a little room. You'll thank yourself later.
Festival Packing: The Dos and Don'ts
Do: Travel Light
It's a festival, not a month-long expedition.
Do: Know the Rules
Every festival has its quirks and weird rules. Check their guidelines regarding food, drink, cameras and everything else.
Do: Laugh It Off
Unexpected rain? Lost a shoe? Get high (we mean on the music...), laugh and move on.
Don't: Overload on Valuables
Keep it simple. Ensure all your valuables can fit into a bag you wear while dancing or our P05K™ PocketSkirt. Less stress, more fun. Bring what you need. Dance more, carry less.
Festivals are about the experience, the memories, and the stories. With the right festival gear, (shameless plug again---especially our nifty P05K pocket girdle or skirt,) you're all set to make the most of it. So, gear up, groove on, and let the good times roll!
Photo Credit: Raven Woods @blackwing_photo
Model: Rose Wilde Hall @rosewildehall
Makeup: Elizabeth @Moonlit.glamours
Kangaroo: Brian @brianshoop